OLG Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Technology Director. Our client has been established for over 40 years operating as a leading UK Engineering Consultancy, supporting blue chip clients within the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, nuclear, speciality chemicals & steel sectors. The client’s head office is located in Immingham, North East Lincolnshire, with satellite offices based in Daresbury, Colden Common and Grimsby.
The appointed candidate will be required to lead and drive the business strategy to make the company the number one provider of consultancy services within its field in the UK.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- The Technology Director (TD) is responsible for the technical direction and commercial performance of the group in order to deliver cutting edge design and consulting services into the business.
- This is a key position in the formation of board strategies and in the shaping of the company’s consulting expertise in line with business objectives.
- The TD will lead the technical direction of the company through development of strategies for research and development, technical excellence and computer aided engineering.
- The role is outward facing and the TD will engage with customers, learned societies and academia in pursuit of the company’s goals.
- The TD develops and delivers the consultancy plan to deliver the company strategy, reports to the board on performance, progress, industry trends and with market intelligence.
- The TD will be responsible for the recruitment, retention and monitoring of the technical experts within the Group.
- The TD is accountable for ensuring that technology input is applied into bids.
- Minimum of 25% of time booked is to be charged to clients.
Attributes and Technical Skills:
- Technically competent in a wide range of industrial processes and sectors.
- Able to represent the company with senior client managers and directors.
- Ability to assimilate knowledge and apply in a diverse range of situations.
- Visionary in relation to the development of the companies business and the deployment of technology
- Experienced in technology transfer and scale up.
- Ability to understand technical issues presented by technical experts and arbitrate as necessary to drive solutions.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Able to work effectively at board level with other board members.
- Ability to guide the board on technology related matters.
- Participate in identifying and developing new business lines through networking, identification of industry trends and then creating a wider knowledge of the companies technical offerings within the target business communities.
- Ability to develop, retain and grow team(s) of technical experts within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent negotiating and problem solving skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation. Professional Qualifications / Relevant Experience
- The minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field with Chemical or Bio-Chemical Engineering and chartered membership of a relevant institution being an advantage.
- The position requires that the incumbent has in excess of 15 years’ experience of projects or engineering within the process industries.
- Experience of reporting / presenting to a company board – previous experience at director level an advantage.
- Be innovative and a positive agent for change.
- Self-motivated, ability to organise and achieve a number of parallel work streams.
- Excellent communication skills, face to face and written.
- Professional, high levels of customer focus.
- Ability to work effectively and integrate with customers, partners and with colleagues.
- Strong business and financial acumen, able to contribute to overall business strategy and planning.
- A leader and developer of staff, respected for people skills.
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.