NHS Property Services are a government-owned company which exists to help the NHS get the most from its estate and ensure that it is consistently fit for purpose so that healthcare professionals can deliver excellent patient care.
Their portfolio is one of the largest in the UK, comprising more than 3,000 properties with 7,000 tenants across England. At a total value of more than £3bn, this represents about 10% of the total NHS estate. Their properties range from listed buildings through to state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
We have a great opportunity for a General Assistant to join the FM services team based in Lewes Victoria Hospital, Nevill Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1PE. The expected working hours will be 7.50 per week, Friday 0800-1600.
Key Result Areas
Provide high levels of customer service.
Maintain moving and handling operational procedures.
Maintain professional relationships with site users.
Maintain high levels of confidentiality, privacy, and dignity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Timely delivery of a full range of directly provided general assistant services to include -
- Caretaker and body store duties
- Collection and movement of patients to and from wards, clinics and departments including body store duties.
- Undertaking weekly tests such as alarms.
- Ensure documentation such as local log books and permits to work are updated.
- Deliver linen to wards and removed spoiled linen to laundry/laundry store.
- Deliver stores to departments.
- Internal movement of equipment/furniture.
- Collect and deliver patient notes to departments.
- Directing fire services when alarm activates and respond to lift/fire alarms.
- Attend training as required.
- If required, operate and monitor CCTV.
- If required, transfer food trollies to ward areas.
- Co-operate and assist with other work streams and with other members of staff to maintain a smooth running and effective service.
- Liaise with the tenants as required.
- Undertake heavy duty cleaning as required.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the fire, risk and health and safety at work policies for the property together with all other relevant policies.
- Receive mail and distribute accordingly.
- Removal and storage of clinical and other household waste.
- Receipt, movement and storage of blood, specimens.
- Identification and movement of medical gas cylinders as necessary including maintenance of medical gas banks ensuring strict adherence to regulations governing the handling of medical gases and carrying out daily checks of the medical gas store.
Training will be provided on the job through a combination of instruction and practice or by attending training sessions. You will have knowledge of local building layout, equipment requirements, and manual handling. You will also have experience of following Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work, good time management, and clear communication skills.
Your role will be involved in delivering general assistant services to the required standard and specification; providing the highest standards of service delivery and working practices. Ensure open, effective communication.
Their aim is to get, grow and keep great people at every level aligned with their values and they are creating an engaged and enabled, values-driven culture.
At NHS Property Services, they believe in hiring for attitude and training for skills. You are part of a talented, dedicated team of experts who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work.
Celebrating diversity, they are working hard to create an inclusive environment where people love to work and can fulfil their potential.
NHS Property Services is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant.
Best of luck with your application.