Our client a Process Engineering Consultancy serving the pharmaceutical and fine chemical industries is looking to appoint a Senior Process Consultant to lead the process delivery within a project environment and execute a mixture of consultancy and design work across a number of industry sectors, but primarily within the pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
This position may be suitable for chemical, biochemical and bioprocess engineers with a minimum of 20 years’ experience within engineering design, with a particular emphasis on pharmaceutical / life sciences projects.
Key elements of the role include:
• Technically competent in a range of industrial processes to include biological and / or pharmaceutical operations.
• Experienced engineer, capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of process design deliverables from concept through to detailed design.
• Able to represent the company with senior client managers and directors.
• Experienced in technology transfer and scale up.
• Contribute to bid strategy and execution strategy in bid preparation.
• Participate in developing new business lines through networking and creating a wider knowledge of OLG’s technical offerings within the target business communities.
• Be capable of contributing to multiple projects.
The following gives a typical level of responsibility for the role but is not intended to be exhaustive. Thus, the following is a typical list of the responsibilities to be assumed:
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise within the pharmaceutical or life sciences sectors.
• Be the technical authority of application of Good Manufacturing Practice within a design environment.
• Prepare / deliver thought provoking articles and / or presentations to promote OLG as technology and thought leaders within our sectors.
• Attend / lead special interest groups, technical forums or other engineering / technology focussed groups to keep abreast of current and future trends.
• Lead key technical reviews including design reviews, GMP reviews, gap assessments and HAZOP studies.
• Demonstrate experience with several kinds of pharmaceutical or similar production and design across a range of sectors.
• To have a working knowledge of the supporting utilities required for aseptic processing, their specification and equipment required for their generation. Includes Clean Steam, Clean Compressed Air, Purified Water, Water for Injection and CIP fluids.
• Familiarity with methods of biological containment classifications, facility segregation and equipment to protect people and product.
• Generate / check / approve process design models, documents, drawings and reports.
• Lead a project design team and be able to coach and mentor more junior engineers. Coordinating the technical design across the engineering disciplines such as E,C&I and Piping.
• Liaise with clients, Project Managers and other disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the process aspects of projects. This includes the provision of adequate information for planning, cost control and equipment costing.
• Ensure that the process design and subsequent detailed engineering do not jeopardise the plant safety or performance.
• Advise Project Managers of all technical risks inherent in a plant design and assist in the evaluation of these risks through to successful conclusion.
• Identify those procedures, practices and standards required by the process team to efficiently carry out its work, and co-ordinate preparation of such.
• Identify areas of process development which are likely to benefit the company.
• Support the Business Development team on sales visits, conference calls and / or client meetings.
• Lead / support the production of compelling and competitive proposals.
• Generate / check / approve scope of work write-ups and manhour estimates to comply with tender requirements.
• Chemical Engineering degree recognised by the IChemE or equivalent.
• A working knowledge of process safety related regulations and methodologies. Prior experience as a HAZOP would be an advantage.
• Hands on operating experience through a commissioning or similar role.
• An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
• A demonstrated aptitude for developing further competency in Process Engineering expertise and leadership (in terms of Experience, Sectors and Project Life Cycle).
• Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
• UK Driving Licence.
• Competitive Salary
• 23 days holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Healthcare Plan