Looking to further your business development career within logistics?
We have the role for you!
Our client has a new opportunity for a Business Development and Sales professional to join their team.
- Develop new revenue streams through providing value added services to existing customers and by identifying new commercial opportunities, and wherever possible, integrating these with other Group activities
- Daily processing of enquiries and providing clients with formal quotes via our in-house operating system
- Focus on securing business for our core services which is Liner activities but also look to develop revenue streams on general forwarding and utilization of a terminal infrastructure
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders through regular dialogue and meetings
- Identify opportunities with new clients through research, knowledge of existing markets, networking at relevant sector events, attending exhibitions and conferences
- Reporting monthly to GM with sales activity, quote follow up and business in the pipeline
- Be forward thinking, positive and proactive with an eye for opportunity
- Forge solid working relationships with external colleagues, suppliers and clients alike
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You will be commercially minded with the ability to understand business challenges having developed effective sales strategies
- You will have a proactive mind-set with the ability to uncover multiple opportunities and the determination to deliver
- Someone with established experience within the European shipping/logistics operations sector
- A negotiator, diplomatic and dynamic whilst confident in their delivery
- Be of a friendly, easy-going, sociable, engaging disposition
- Good GCSE standard education (or equivalent).
- Strong B2B sales experience (3 years minimum).
- Knowledge of Scandinavia import & exports business would be preferred.
- Full UK driving licence is essential