QA/QC Lead Engineer Job Vacancy
Manages Programme & Project QA/QC activities in compliance with relevant standards, MC UK procedures, quality plans and industry best practise. Perform all QA/QC processes as required by an NEC 4 from of contract. Ensure a ‘right first time’ approach is adopted throughout the Construction phase of the Project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communicating and demonstrating a commitment to the implementation of relevant HSE Regulations, standards & best practices within the PUMA project.
- Responsible for supporting a proactive and collaborative project working environment in line with the companies values and lifesaving rules & behaviours.
- Develops project governance in relation to Quality Management – including programme/project governance auditing plan and schedule.
- Prepares for and leads audits against the audit plan with relevant MC UK specialists/discipline Engineers – ensuring consistency of approach and prompt audit reporting,
- Support the MC UK team in aligning post construction Quality Management within MC UK’s existing Integrated Management system (IMS).
- Support engagement with external bodies used in the certification of existing Quality Management systems.
- Execute the roles accountabilities & responsibilities as per the PUMA project RACI.
- Responsible for reporting on QC/QC activities and auditing performance to project stakeholders and steering groups – including audit non-conformances and action status/tracking.
- Validate inspection requirements and carry out inspection activities at site, vendors or on receipt at stores
- Witness / review of testing activities in compliance with Inspection and test plan requirements.
- Responsible for assigned audits and reports as per the projects audit schedule.
- Instruct Contractors to search for suspected defects.
- Inspect equipment and materials as required, before acceptance by MC UK.
- Notification of Project defects to Contractor and PMO.
Supervisory and Managerial Responsibilities:
- Supervise other project Quality roles/resources in the delivery of the projects objectives.
Skills and Knowledge
- Degree or NVQ Level 5 in Quality management or related discipline.
- Lead Auditor qualification by recognised industry body.
- Formal training in root cause analysis.
- Project management software (desirable)
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 10 years relevant experience, ideally in a Petro-chemical environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standards i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 19011.
- Effective 2-way communicator at all levels.