We are looking for a project Engineer / Manager to ensure the client needs are fully respected and that the overall project is managed appropriately in conjunction with the Senior Project / Client Manager ensuring that current processes and practices are used. To ensure that projects are executed in a timely manner at cost and to a quality standard which respects the clients’ requirements.
The key duties of the post are as follows:-
- To ensure a project is fit-for-purpose and adheres to the project budget and schedule.
- To ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- To account for engineering tasks to ensure they meet project requirements.
- To interpret clients’ requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented.
- To evaluate, organise and prioritise work within the overall schedule.
- To liaise with and manage third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose.
- To liaise with the Procurement Officer with regards to supply of equipment and services.
- To liaise with the Construction Manager to resolve constructability issues.
- To ensure effective communications between engineering, subcontractors, construction and project controls group.
- To complete lessons learnt activities and document for future project team reference.
- Any other duties which may be reasonably assigned to the job holder.
- 5-8 years’ experience post training in relevant discipline
- 2-5 years’ experience post graduate
- Knowledgeable in current legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognise and adapt to changing requirements.
- Assertive and articulate
- Good communication skills.