We are looking for a project Engineer to ensure the client needs are fully respected and that the overall project is managed appropriately in conjunction with the Project Manager ensuring that current processes and practices are used. To ensure that projects are executed in a timely manner at cost and to a quality standard which respects the clients’ requirements.
The key duties of the post are as follows:-
- To ensure a project is fit-for-purpose and adheres to the project budget and schedule.
- To ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- To account for engineering tasks to ensure they meet project requirements.
- To interpret clients’ requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented.
- To evaluate, organise and prioritise work within the overall schedule.
- To liaise with and manage third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose.
- To liaise with the Procurement Officer with regards to supply of equipment and services.
- To liaise with the Construction Manager to resolve constructability issues.
- To ensure effective communications between engineering, subcontractors, construction and project controls group.
- To complete lessons learnt activities and document for future project team reference.
- Any other duties which may be reasonably assigned to the job holder.
- 5-8 years’ experience post training in relevant discipline
- 2-5 years’ experience post graduate
- Knowledgeable in current legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognise and adapt to changing requirements.
- Assertive and articulate
- Good communication skills