We are looking for a Project/Cost Accountant for our client based in Immingham. This is a contract role for around 9 months. This role will involve a combination of financial accounting, analysis and reporting activities to support the finance team in providing accurate and reliable financial information to both internal and external stakeholders.
You should have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to challenge others. You should also have a good understanding of accounting principles and be proficient in using accounting software and spreadsheets. Good communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines are also essential in this role.
Responsibilities of a Cost Accountant include:
- Responsible for producing financial reports from SAP to track the progress of T&I budget.
- Assist in the development of T&I Budget and estimating final cost.
- Develop cost reporting / monitoring tools.
- Manage and control Work Breakdown structures for T&I activities including creation of work orders for cost allocation following the company procedures.
- Reporting actual cost versus budget and forecast cost to completion on a daily basis.
- Provide monthly cashflow forecasting for new Purchase orders and overall T&I.
- Working closely with the purchasing and commercial team to understand cost risk associated with each contract.a
- Obtain explanation from Engineers and contractors for variations in actual cost versus budget.
- Due diligence with respect to contractors application for payment and invoices
- Assist Engineers with the creation of purchase requisitions in SAP including variations to contracts.
- Review and check invoices as well as complete Service Entry Sheets for invoices received.
- Ad hoc reports to support the needs of the T&I.
- Educated to degree level.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or finance roles.
- Experience in a refining / petrochemical environment will be an advantage
- AAT qualification or studying towards a recognised qualification will be an advantage
- Proficiency in accounting software. Previous experience in SAP will be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent excel skills including pivot tables
- Preferred experience of Power BI.