OLG Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Process Safety Specialist. Our client has been established for over 40 years operating as a leading UK Engineering Consultancy, supporting blue chip clients within the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, nuclear, speciality chemicals, pharma & steel sectors. Delivering support across Process Simulation, Process Manufacturing Strategy, Process Safety Compliance, Project Management and Detailed Design. The client has offices located in Immingham, North East Lincolnshire, Daresbury and Colden Common near Winchester. This position comes with an attractive employment package Including hybrid working.
The Process Safety Specialist will help with a mixture of consultancy and design work across a number of industry sectors. The role will require both time in the office and on a wide variety of client operating sites in order to cover all the aspects of Process Safety.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced process safety engineer, capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of safety design deliverables from concept through to detailed design, and engineering expertise across a wide range of industrial applications, particularly Oil & Gas, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors. They should demonstrate a broad background in process safety / HSE legislation and their application to design projects, and an ability to lead / coach others in these areas.
- Support Client requests for discrete Process Safety activities, e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL, ATEX, DSEAR etc…
- Responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) aspects of each project are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards.
- Assist in setting HSE Criteria for the project and in the preparation and content of the Process Safety Plan and Environmental Plan.
- To act as an HSE expert for all projects, supporting project management and engineering disciplines with Process Safety concerns and queries.
- Gathering & compiling Process Safety and Environmental information.
- Establish risk tolerances.
- Preparation of a Process Safety Basis.
- Execution of Hazard Studies.
- Process Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation.
- At the end of each project phase, the Process Safety Specialist shall ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- Business Development
- Support the Business Development team on sales visits, conference calls and / or client meetings.
- Lead / support the production of compelling and competitive proposals.
- Generate / check / approve scope of work write-ups and manhour estimates to comply with tender requirements.
Skills & experience required:
- Educated to Degree level in suitable Science / Engineering subject, preferably Chemical Engineering.
- Safety Professional or Principal Engineer level (typical).
- Suitable Professional Qualification, e.g. IChemE Member / Chartered Engineer.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Advanced time management and organisational skills.
- Leadership skills, with a view to managing people.
- It is important that you can participate in process engineering activities.
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
- UK Driving License.
- Well presented, business-like, reliable, tolerant and determined to succeed.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel for up to a few days a week within the UK.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player, together with an ability to communicate within a project team environment.
- Logical thinker, with the ability to develop new skills to solve new challenges.
- Problem solver, with the ability to generate and implement solutions and to transfer ideas between companies and industries.
- Self-awareness – conscious of personal levels of competence, with the ability to identify and call upon additional resources when these are exceeded.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.