We are recruiting a Process Safety Engineer to assist with a mixture of consultancy and design work across a number of industry sectors. The role will require both time in the office and on a wide variety of client operating sites covering all aspects of Process Safety. The ideal candidate will be an experienced process safety engineer, capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of safety design deliverables from concept through to detailed design. With engineering expertise across a wide range of industrial applications, particularly Oil & Gas, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors. You should be able to demonstrate a broad background in process safety / HSE legislation and their application to design projects, and an ability to lead / coach others in these areas.
- Support Client requests for discrete Process Safety activities, e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL, ATEX, DSEAR etc
- Responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) aspects of each project are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards.
- Assist in setting HSE Criteria for the project and in the preparation and content of the Process Safety Plan and Environmental Plan.
- To act as an HSE expert for all projects, supporting project management and engineering disciplines with Process Safety concerns and queries.
- Gathering & compiling Process Safety and Environmental information
- Establish risk tolerances
- Preparation of a Process Safety Basis
- Execution of Hazard Studies
- Process Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety and Alarm Prioritisation.
- At the end of each project phase, the Process Safety Engineer shall ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- Business Development and support the Business Development Team on sales visits, conference calls and / or client meetings.
- Lead / support the production of compelling and competitive proposals.
- Generate / check / approve scope of work write-ups and man hour estimates to comply with tender requirements.
There is an excellent salary offered commensurate with experience. For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Mark Chapman 01469 565184 or apply direct.