OLG Consulting are currently hiring a Lead Process Engineer to lead the process delivery within a project environment and execute a mixture of consultancy and design work across a number of industry sectors.
The role requires an experienced process engineer, capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of process design deliverables from concept through to detailed design, and engineering expertise across a wide range of industrial applications, particularly chemical and pharmaceutical sectors.
It is anticipated that the individual is a Chartered Engineer with 10-15 years relevant experience with a desire to work in a technical role. Experience within a consultancy / contracting environment would be an advantage. The ideal candidate will either have proven technical project / team leadership experience or be looking to develop in this area. Additionally, experience with chemical engineering design packages (e.g. ASPEN, PEL) and an ability to lead / coach others in these areas is highly desirable.
- Process Leadership
- Ensure the efficient running of all aspects of the process delivery within the context of a project ensuring compliance with policies and objectives laid down by the company.
- To assist with the planning of the resource requirements within the process project(s) assigned.
- Actively work on personal development with a view to becoming a subject matter expert.
- Project Delivery
- Lead the process team on assigned projects.
- Liaise with Clients, Project Managers and other disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the process aspects of projects. This includes the provision of adequate information for planning, cost control and equipment costing.
- Responsible for all technical matters associated with the process design, and to ensure that the process designs conform to any mandatory standards, local legislation and project requirements, actively seeking and taking guidance from others.
- Generate and check process design models, documents, drawings and reports.
- Ensure that the process design and subsequent detailed engineering do not jeopardise the plant safety or performance.
- Advise Project Managers of all technical risks inherent in a plant design and assist in the evaluation of these risks through to successful conclusion.
- Continuous Improvement
- Identify those procedures, practices and standards required by the process team to efficiently carry out its work, and co-ordinate preparation of such.
- Identify areas of process development which are likely to benefit the company.
- Business Development – In time it is anticipated that the individual would be able to:.
- Support the Business Development team on sales visits, conference calls and / or client meetings.
- Lead / support the production of compelling and competitive proposals.
- Generate / check / approve scope of work write-ups and man hour estimates to comply with tender requirements.
- Chemical Engineering degree recognised by the IChemE.
- A working knowledge of process safety related regulations and methodologies. Prior experience with DSEAR / Hazardous area classification or related would be an advantage.
- Hands on operating experience through a commissioning or similar role.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Plan