- Lead the Permit to Work function, ensuring all site activities are undertaken in conjunction with site rules.
- Support the Packaging Team to ensure all finished products are packed in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Direct the Days Operators to ensure they develop skills and provide full support to the shift teams.
- Lead the Permit to Work function, directing the team to ensure a safe system of work is provided for all site-based activities, both planned and reactive.
- Prepare all required permitry for annual SDM activities, based on planned work scope and submitted permit requests, liaising with SDM planning & management as appropriate.
- Lead the permit team during annual SDM periods, ensuring the permit office is suitably resourced to meet demand, whilst enabling adequate rest days and fatigue management are considered.
- Develop, implement and maintain communication tools that ensure Operations are always aware of all live permit activities.
- Ensure Permit to work training is delivered by the team as & when required.
- Set annual objectives for the Permit Co-Ordinator, carry out 1-to-1’s to monitor progress, ensuring any barriers are removed to aid progress.
- Provide Line Management support to the Packaging Supervisor to enable safe & efficient packing of all finished products, and any supplier issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Set annual objectives for the Packaging Supervisor, carry out 1-to-1’s to monitor progress, ensuring any barriers are removed to aid progress.
- Provide Line Management support to the Days Operators, setting annual objectives and monitoring progress. This will involve liaising with all STL’s for performance feedback.
- Conduct annual appraisals for all direct reports:
- Permit Co-Ordinator
- Packaging Supervisor
- Days Operators
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in a suitable engineering discipline.
- Suitable training will be provided, but a strong understanding of MC UK Permit to work systems would be expected.
- Experience (both on the job and previous)
- At least 10 years experience in a process environment
- 5 years + experience of permit to work systems at a Signatory level, including:
- Hot Work Permits
- Excavation Permits
- Confined Space Permits
People Management experience