We are delighted to be working with one of our key clients, a longstanding and established Logistics business, assisting with their growth & development. With over 40 years of successful business, our client continues to expand its operations. As such, they are increasing their Freight division team and wish to recruit an Operational Assistant to join their existing team. With staged growth targets and plans in place, this is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career within the logistics sector.
JOB TITLE - OPERATIONAL ASSISTANT
To learn, develop and execute the day-to-day requirements within their short sea trailer operation. The successful candidate will be required to learn all aspects of the trailer operations department. This will include planning, information, UK traffic, freight forwarding and UK customs.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee Import and Export Customs formalities both in the UK and abroad inclusive of customs entries. An understanding of Descartes would be an advantage but not critical as full training will be given.
- Be an effective negotiator for the various parts of the logistics chain, especially towards rate negotiations with shipping lines and hauliers.
- Experience of import and export an advantage but not essential a
- Have a good understanding of current UK traffic rules and regulations. UK Haulage CPC qualification is an advantage, but not crucial as full training will be given.
- A methodical approach with a very keen eye and attention to detail.
- Has or will develop a good understanding of the various shipping lines serving the Iberian, Italian, Benelux, and Chinese markets.
- Have a good understanding of excel and Microsoft word.
- Work on your own or within a group / team environment.
- Be proactive in problem solving with an ability to think outside the box.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Develop best in class operational and service levels towards our customers.