About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Minor Works Manager to join our team based in Cornwall. The salary on offer is from £38,000 - £43,000 with a £3,000 Car Allowance.
- Understanding for specifications of works and ability to schedule/action.
- Proven experience in managing works from start to completion
- Able to obtain quotation of works, while being cost sensitive throughout the process
- Confident in selecting suitable contractors to deliver works to NHSPS
- Ensuring regular meetings with contractors and customers ensuring all required documentation is provided up to date, ensure works are agreeable, projects are up to date and on schedule.
- Knowledge of costing works such as: Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting, Plastering, Flooring, Construction of small projects and understand building fabric life cycle within a range of commercial buildings.
- The understanding of life cycle of buildings ranging from new to old including listed buildings.
Specifics about this role:
This role be Hybrid working – Based within the Southern part of the SW region
It will involve a blend of site visits, office based, meeting contractors, invoicing with the team working from home too.
Largely will be in the Cornwall portfolio as that’s where the majority of the billable work will be, but may be occasions where they are asked to travel a little wider as not linked to particular properties
We understand how important life is outside of work so, as well as a competitive salary and 27 days annual leave, we’ll support you, wherever possible, so that you don’t miss out on what truly matters to you.
If you do ever need a little bit of extra help we have a great employee assistance programme, financial well-being support and access to great discounts with leading high street names with the bluelight discount card.
Our range of network groups are also there to support you to truly be yourself at work and play a key role in helping shape our future. We ‘hire for attitude and train for skills’ providing opportunities for our people to develop & progress their careers at all levels through our Professional Excellence Framework.
If you are a member of a professional body we’ll pay for your membership and once you get your digital kit you’ll be good to go in one of our great offices (or at home!)