Mechanical Maintenance Operative
Location: London - St Charles Hospital - Main Building
£25,428 - £34,427 + 35 days holiday + vehicle + fuel card
Your new company
A government-owned company which exists to help get the most from its estate and ensure that it is consistently fit for purpose so that healthcare professionals can deliver excellent patient care.
Your new role
- Deliver Scheduled, Reactive and Remedial maintenance services as directed by the PPM planner (CAFM), helpdesk or Technical Services Supervisor, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times.
- To also support the work that is included in minor works mangers activities.
- Undertake routine repairs or minor works including joinery, painting and decoration, general building works, ground works or general plumbing.
- To maintain effective site log books at all NHS premises where required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
- Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the workplace.
- Record and report any risk, loss or defect to the Technical Services Supervisor or helpdesk as appropriate for corrective action.
- Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience working within a buildings maintenance environment.
- NQV Level 2 or higher BTEC/City & Guilds or equivalent.
- Formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent.
- Previous experience of undertaking minor works and repairs.
- Working within the requirements of method statements or permit to work.
- Experience delivering maintenance services to a specification such as SFG20.
What you'll get in return
- Industry leading training, support and career development with a company offering long term stability with a world class reputation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply through this advert.