OLG Recruitment are currently looking for an Instrument Designer to work for a major client based in Immingham. This is a full time contract role, working 40 hours per week for approximately 6 months, after which time the role will be re-assessed.
To provide engineering and design services, so that:
- Engineering requirements are properly implemented.
- Technical support is provided in the designer’s field of expertise in support of Business operations and the development of new projects.
- Co-ordinate and own activities to ensure design packages are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide a focal point between the Project Contractor, Vendors (which may include Equipment suppliers and/or sub-contractors to the main engineering/construction contractors), Project Team and Business Support (records).
- Ensure all site measurement and investigation work is accomplished to ensure design allows for safe, on budget and on time construction, commissioning and startup.
Provide feedback to the Business Support (records) at the end of the Project to ensure records are As Built.
- Produce AutoCad drawings such as Loop Diagrams, Instrument Hook Ups, Network Diagrams and P&IDs.
- Produce specifications and instrument data sheets.
- Produce calculations as required to support the projects.
- Assist in generation of cost estimates and plans for projects.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship between the Project Team and the refinery personnel.
- Ensure all designs & documentation (including vendor & manufacturer supplied information and inspection documentation) comply with Business' standards and requirements.
- Maintain a full Project history “file” documenting written and verbal instructions.
- Provide feedback to the Business at the end of the Project to ensure any possible improvements to the Standards and/or Procedures are captured for inclusion in future Projects