OLG Recruitment are currently looking for a Financial Accounting Analyst to work for a major client based in Immingham. This is a contract position for approximately 6 - 9 months.
- Responsible for financial accounting activities for retail business and to provide support for the wider business accounting function.
- Maintain various financial records for retail business
- Responsible for retail business receipts control process.
- Accounting and invoicing to 3rd parties.
- Assist in month-end closing financial accounting entries for retail business.
- Journal preparation and entry.
- Completion of multiple balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with required timescales and company policy.
- Completion of various periodic internal and external (ONS) questionnaires.
- Assist in preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- Assistance with wider financial accounting team responsibilities when required and undertaking ad-hoc accounting projects and special reviews as requested.
- Financial and analytical background, with a good knowledge of financial accounting.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy including strong Excel with experience of SAP preferred but not essential.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Previous experience in an assistant accountant or similar finance role.
- Ideally part qualified.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.