About the Role
We have an exciting new opportunity with Uckfield Community Hospital - Sussex.
Long term contract position, however, potential of becoming permanent.
The duties for a Facilities Assistant role are varied depending on the shift you are assigned to.
Dependent on the role duties include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuum cleaning, damp mopping of floors, damp dusting of furniture/fittings, cleaning of mirrors and internal glass, sanitary ware, e.g. baths, showers, sinks, toilets, washing of tiled surfaces and paintwork, high dusting of walls and ceilings, floor maintenance, etc., changing of disposable curtains, carry out deep clean/terminal cleans when necessary (in in-patient areas) etc.
- Preparation of all food (Cook/Freeze regenerated meals) and beverages as necessary in accordance with menus, portion control and agreed standards.
- Liaising with clinical staff to ensure patient needs, specialist requirements are met (i.e dietary requirements)
- Undertaking full legionella flushing of all outlets within your area of responsibility and update records or documentation as required.
- Supply and replenishment of consumables, i.e. paper towels, toilet tissue, etc
- Portering duties – such as delivering and collecting of items
- Providing high levels of customer service
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours a week with the following shift patterns:
Monday to Sunday
07:00 - 14:00 or 14:00 - 22:00
The client can be flexible regarding shifts.