We have a fantastic opportunity for a for a Facilities Assistant to join our FM Services team based in Uckfield Community Hospital, Uckfield.
The salary on offer is £20,450.33 pro rata. (Pro rata for part time hours). This is a part time permanent position. The working hours will be 8 hours and the working pattern will be Tuesday and Thursday 17.00-21.00.
We also offer; 27 days holiday not including bank holidays, access to group personal pension plan including SMART contributions into which the company will contribute up to 6% towards your savings, training and development opportunities and NHS discounts.
The FM Services team are responsible for delivering a full cleaning service, the provision of a food and beverage service and portering needs throughout the site. The duties for a Facilities Assistant role are varied depending on the shift you are assigned to, some roles may support all three services but some may only include one element:
Dependant on the role duties include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuum cleaning, damp mopping of floors, damp dusting of furniture/fittings, cleaning of mirrors and internal glass, sanitary ware, e.g. baths, showers, sinks, toilets, washing of tiled surfaces and paintwork, high dusting of walls and
- Preparation of all food (Cook/Freeze regenerated meals) and beverages as necessary in accordance with menus, portion control and agreed standards.
- Liaising with clinical staff to ensure patient needs, specialist requirements are met (i.e dietary requirements)
- Undertaking full legionella flushing of all outlets within your area of responsibility and update records or documentation as required.
- Supply and replenishment of consumables, i.e. paper towels, toilet tissue, etc
- Portering duties – such as delivering and collecting of items
- Providing high levels of customer service
- ceilings, floor maintenance, etc., changing of disposable curtains, carry out deep clean/terminal cleans when necessary (in in-patient areas) etc.