We have a fantastic opportunity for a for a Facilities Assistant to join our FM Services team based in Crowborough War Memorial Hospital, Crowborough.
The salary on offer is £20,450.33 pro rata. (Pro rata for part time hours).
This is a permanent, part time position working 28 hours. The working pattern will be 6:30am until 14:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday.
DBS is required.
We also offer; 27 days holiday not including bank holidays, access to group personal pension plan including SMART contributions into which the company will contribute up to 6% towards your savings, training and development opportunities and NHS discounts.
The FM Services team are responsible for delivering a full cleaning service, the provision of a food and beverage service and portering needs throughout the site. The duties for a Facilities Assistant role are varied depending on the shift you are assigned to, some roles may support all three services but some may only include one element:
Dependant on the role duties include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuum cleaning, damp mopping of floors, damp dusting of furniture/fittings, cleaning of mirrors and internal glass, sanitary ware, e.g. baths, showers, sinks, toilets, washing of tiled surfaces and paintwork, high dusting of walls and ceilings, floor maintenance, etc., changing of disposable curtains, carry out deep clean/terminal cleans when necessary (in in-patient areas) etc.
- Preparation of all food (Cook/Freeze regenerated meals) and beverages as necessary in accordance with menus, portion control and agreed standards.
- Liaising with clinical staff to ensure patient needs, specialist requirements are met (i.e dietary requirements)
- Undertaking full legionella flushing of all outlets within your area of responsibility and update records or documentation as required.
- Supply and replenishment of consumables, i.e. paper towels, toilet tissue, etc
- Portering duties – such as delivering and collecting of items
- Providing high levels of customer service