Our client a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company are looking to appoint an Electrical Designer. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Location: This role can be based in either Grimsby or Congleton Offices depending upon your preference. For the right candidate, they will consider offering a hybrid working arrangement which can be home based and travelling to their offices for meetings.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
As an Electrical Designer you will provide engineering design support to the engineers for contracts for a wide range of clients.
- Prepare and check electrical detailed design documentation.
- Work from P&IDs and site layouts.
- Prepare and check electrical drawings including single lines, general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, loops sheets, hook-ups.
- Prepare and check panel designs including general arrangements, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Specify equipment and prepare and check electrical equipment datasheets.
- Prepare and check electrical schedules including, cable, load list, MTO etc.
- Perform electrical design calculations.
- Prepare and check scope of work and other associated design documentation.
- Liaise with other member of the design team.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors.
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations.
- Adhere to company quality and standards.
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner.
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- HNC Electrical Engineering minimum
- Ideally apprentice trained / electrical technician background.
- 3 years Electrical design experience minimum.
- Gas and ATEX experienced.
- C&I design experience would be beneficial.