Our client based in Winchester have a fantastic opportunity within their Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (E, C &I) design team for an Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (E, C&I) Engineer.
This EC&I role is to provide technical expertise during the design phase of a project, from feasibility to detailed design and at times provide technical support during construction and commissioning. Producing detailed design documentation for the complete EC&I design package and providing support to other disciplines within the company.
The person shall ideally have knowledge and experience, bringing a high degree of competence, in the following areas across electrical, instrumentation and control disciplines:
- Instrument and actuated valve technologies.
- Instrument loop design.
- Analytical and weighing instrumentation.
- Integration of vendor packages
- Industrial automation and industrial system communications.
- Control and Safety System architectures.
- Process Control technique.
- Design of LV electrical circuits including motor controls, LV distribution, lighting and earthing and compliance to BS 7671.
- Electrical requirements in Hazardous Areas, where a risk of explosion from dust and gases exist, in particular the implementation of Intrinsically Safe circuits.
- Use of Amtech Electrical Design software.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications.
- MCC design.
- Lightning Protection.
- Functional Safety IEC 61508/11 and Machinery Safety IEC 60204
(Please note consideration will be made where an engineer is biased towards one discipline, can demonstrate transferrable skills and willingness to develop new competencies.)
The following attitudes are expected:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Fits well within a team but can lead as required.
- Plans own workload.
- Takes on appropriate responsibilities but knows when to escalate issues.
- Focused on meeting deadlines and quality targets.
The following industry experience is highly desirable:
- Pharmaceutical – API and Secondary Manufacture.
- Oil & Gas
The following qualifications and experience are expected:
- BSc / BEng degree in a related engineering subject, or relevant technical qualifications i.e., BTEC, City and Guilds etc.
- Equivalent industry knowledge and experience.
- Professional Membership
- Previous hands-on site experience through a commissioning or similar role would be advantageous.
- Previous CAD experience would be beneficial.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
- UK Driving Licence.
Knowledge of any of the following areas would be an advantage:
- BS 7671 (18th Edition)
- BS EN 60079
- IEC 61508
- GAMP V standards and guidance.
- CDM Regulations
The E, C&I Engineer shall be a central part of the E,C&I team, reporting to the E,C&I Design Manager. The E, C&I Engineer shall take a discipline lead role in individual projects (Concept to Detailed Design), supervise contract members of the team and may
provide on-site support to clients.
Main duties are:
- Conduct site surveys and consult with the client, throughout projects, to develop the process electrical and instrument design.
- Attend internal and external project meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of the project design, alongside Process, Piping, Building Services and CSA Designers and Engineers, through 3D model review.
- Engineer General Arrangement Drawings, Layout Drawings, Cable Route Drawings, Location Drawings, Block Cable Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Circuit Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams and Instrument Loop Diagrams.
- Engineer Instrument and I/O Lists, Instrument and Electrical Cable Schedules (including cable sizing calculations), MTO/BOMs.
- Produce instrument datasheets.
- Produce Requirement Specifications and Scopes of Work
- Provide Technical input into Invitation to Tender Packages
- Peer-check colleagues' design documentation.
The E, C&I Engineer shall be familiar with the use of British and International Standards, Industry Regulations, EC Directives and Health & Safety Regulations, including CDM Regulations.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Agile working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Plan