This EC&I role is to provide technical expertise during the design phase of a project, from feasibility to detailed design and at times providing technical support during construction and commissioning. Producing detailed design documentation for the complete EC&I design package and providing support to other disciplines within the company.
The person shall ideally have knowledge and experience, bringing a high degree of competence, in the following areas across electrical, instrumentation and control disciplines:
- Instrument and actuated valve technologies.
- Instrument loop design.
- Analytical and weighing instrumentation.
- Integration of vendor packages
- Industrial automation and industrial system communications.
- Control and Safety System architectures.
- Process Control technique.
- Design of LV electrical circuits including motor controls, LV distribution, lighting and earthing and compliance to BS 7671.
- Electrical requirements in Hazardous Areas, where a risk of explosion from dusts and gases exist, in particular the implementation of Intrinsically Safe circuits.
- Use of Amtech Electrical Design software.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications.
- MCC design.
- Lightning Protection.
- Functional Safety IEC 61508/11 and Machinery Safety IEC 60204
The following attitudes are expected:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Fits well within a team but can lead as required.
- Plans own workload.
- Takes on appropriate responsibilities but knows when to escalate issues.
- Focused on meeting deadlines and quality targets.
The following industry experience is highly desirable:
- Pharmaceutical – API and Secondary Manufacture.
- Oil & Gas
The following qualifications and experience are expected:
- BSc / BEng degree in related engineering subject, or relevant technical qualifications i.e., BTEC, City and Guilds etc.
- Equivalent industry knowledge and experience.
- Professional Membership
- Previous hands-on site experience through a commissioning or similar role would be advantageous.
- Previous CAD experience would be beneficial.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
- UK Driving Licence.
Knowledge of any of the following areas would be an advantage:
- BS 7671 (18th Edition)
- BS EN 60079
- IEC 61508
- GAMP V standards and guidance.
- CDM Regulations
Main duties are:
- Conduct site surveys and consult with the client, throughout projects, to develop the process electrical and instrument design.
- Attend internal and external project meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of the project design, alongside Process, Piping, Building Services and CSA Designers and Engineers, through 3D model review.
- Engineer General Arrangement Drawings, Layout Drawings, Cable Route Drawings, Location Drawings, Block Cable Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Circuit Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams and Instrument Loop Diagrams.
- Engineer Instrument and I/O Lists, Instrument and Electrical Cable Schedules (including cable sizing calculations), MTO/BOMs.
- Produce instrument datasheets.
- Produce Requirement Specifications and Scopes of Work
- Provide Technical input into Invitation to Tender Packages
The E, C&I Engineer shall be familiar with the use of British and International Standards, Industry Regulations, EC Directives and Health & Safety Regulations, including CDM Regulations.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Agile working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Plan