We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Craftsperson with a jointer bias. This role will be to deliver skilled HV craft work for the Customer Networks Business in a timely and professional manner, always ensuring compliance with HSQE policies and procedures and maintaining high customer service standards
- Execution of planned operation and maintenance activities on privately owned HV networks, including routine inspections and intrusive switchgear maintenance, including out of hours work.
- Execution of HV project and remedial activities including 11kV cable jointing and basic substation fitting
- Assist with pricing project, remedial and maintenance activities by carrying out site surveys, agreeing work methodologies and timeframes with the Customer Network Engineers
- Work effectively with sub-contract staff providing support with specialist activities
What you'll need to succeed
- 3 years practical experience in an 11kV jointing role, ideally in an asset replacement or construction environment, additional substation fitting experience would be beneficial.
- Appropriate electrical qualification such as City & Guilds, NVQ, ONC, HNC, BTEC or equivalent.
- Craft training by a recognised provider for a range of tasks relevant to the role.
- CSCS/EUSR/ECS card or similar
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C/ 9-4, or equivalent, including Maths, English and Physics.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full UK driving licence
For more information, please apply below.