- Ensure a commitment to best HS&E practices and standards.
- Ensure the company’s core values are demonstrated and delivered.
- Working closely with the NEC Contract Manager and Schedule Engineer:-
- Lead the preparation of cost estimates for contract variations including the review and evaluation of contractor submitted variations, early warnings & compensation events.
- Lead the assessment of contractor’s monthly payment applications.
- Lead the review and assessment of variations with contractors through to agreement and conclusion of the related compensation event.
- Coordinate wth Project Commercial lead to obtain local market pricing and trends to estimate cost for variations and/or additional work for assessment of compensation events.
- Review and participate in the preparation of reporting for the monthly/bi-monthly cost and variation meetings for the clients stakeholder and steering group.
- Establish and maintain Project cost estimating database for benchmarking and reference.
- Lead the development, review, analysis, and evaluation of costs relating to contractor claims.
- Identify potential cost risks and evaluate related cost impact.
- Identify opportunities to improve cost performance and mitigate cost risk/issues.
- Assist in the preparation of the project final account, close out report and fixed asset register.
- Create reports and give presentations as required to the Project Management and stakeholders.
- Lead assigned internal/external project audits as per the audit schedule in relation to internal/external cost management.
- Undertake any Project activity which ensures Projects are successfully delivered in line with company policy and procedures. Any other duties as reasonably instructed to do by the Commercial Lead or Senior Management.