Our client a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company are looking to appoint an Control and Instrument Engineer. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Location: This role can be based in either Grimsby or Congleton Offices depending upon your preference. For the right candidate, they will consider offering a hybrid working arrangement which can be home based and travelling to their offices for meetings.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
As a Control and Instrumentation Engineer you will provide engineering design and project engineering support on national and international contracts for clients in the gas industry. You will provide support from concept through to design, installation, commissioning and final handover to the client of a particular project.
- Deliver clients project requirements from concept to commissioning
- Detailed design engineering
- Checking and approval of all C&I design documentation including field and control panels
- Planning and supporting design activities
- Manage and liaise with other members of the design team
- Review scope of work and other associated design documentation
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Attend client meetings
- Provide commissioning support
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Adhere to company quality and standards
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experiences:
- HNC Control and Instrumentation minimum
- Ideally apprentice trained / instrumentation technician background
- 5 years C&I design, engineering or management experience minimum
- Gas and ATEX experienced
- Electrical experience and knowledge beneficial