We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Analyst working for a high profile client in the London region.
The Commercial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Manager on 22 PFI Contracts spread over England. The role will provide Commercial support and Contract governance for our stakeholders which include multiple building tenants and operational colleagues. A background in Commercial Management or abilities in Contractual interpretation is required alongside proven record of working alongside Operational colleagues.
• Supporting role in Management of PFI contracts and NEC contracts and taking the lead in certain tasks
• Monitoring and reporting on Contractual compliance, Contractual entitlement, and Risks and Opportunities
• Supporting the management and mitigation of risks at all levels (operational, financial, commercial, technical, etc).
• Support in the management of Variation/Change control and Value testing mechanisms such as Benchmarking and taking the lead in certain aspects
• Working with the Commercial Manager provide governance and training materials on the various contracts to ensure that the requirements of the contract are being complied with
• Assisting in the search for efficiencies and service optimisation
• Analysis of claims and assist the Commercial Manager on any potential contentious contractual issue that may arise
• The requirement to ensure full commercial governance to all subcontractors
• Provide day to day Commercial support to the wider business
• Need to develop into a professional and equitable negotiator and dispute resolver and providing a key role in the management of contractual claims / disputes with suppliers and clients and other third-parties
• Suitable commercial experience within the Health sector or public sector preferably with some contract experience with the following forms - PFI / NEC / JCT
• Educated to degree/ diploma level in either Surveying (Building/Quantity) or the Built Environment (FM, Land).
• Understanding and demonstrable practical application of base UK law applicable to Commercial (Construction Act etc).
• Excellent communicator
• Financial grounding with ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy and provide recommendations / conclusions
• Strong negotiation skills
• Sound understanding of risk analysis/management
• PC Literate with good knowledge of MS applications e.g. Word, Excel