We are looking for a CNC Machinist for our client in Barton-Upon-Humber. This is a temporary role for 2 months with the view of becoming permanent for the right person.
You will be required to produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating Hurco CNC lathe and milling machines; maintaining quality and safety standards, maintaining equipment and supplies.
The role offers exposure to a wide variety of industries including Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Automotive and Food & beverage.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Programs and sets up machine using mechanical drawings
- Programs and sets up machine using CAM software
- Verifies settings by measuring positions and generating first run work pieces
- Prepares and maintains tools and equipment for use to ensure quality
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Completes internal fabrication quality and pre assembly inspections using tolerance equipment and standards
- Assists technicians in the assembly of machinery as required
- Assists with the loading of CNC machinery as required
- Forms co-operative and respectful working relationships with colleagues
- Precision milling and turning experience essential
- Experienced on Hurco machinery is beneficial
- Computer literate with CAM experience (not essential)
- Preferably from the automotive, pharmaceutical or other related process industry
- Able to work to tight tolerances
- A strong “hands-on” engineering background
- Co-operative approach to teamwork
- Ability to plan, prioritise and optimise work load
- Health & Safety awareness
- Quality driven