We are looking for a Civil Structural Engineer for our client based in Immingham.
You will be required to directly support the Civil & Structural Engineer, providing discipline support & technical expertise, covering:
- Maintenance, short and long term strategy
- Turn around and shut down support
- New projects, development, and implementation
- Writing and updating refinery discipline standards
- Writing and updating inspections and surveys procedures
- Act as ‘Discipline Adviser’ implementing policy & discipline expertise.
- Promote a best practice, common learning & knowledge spreading culture within the discipline.
- Implement sustainable Systems & Controlled Procedures to ensure discipline quality & compliance.
- Provide Discipline input into all stages of Project development, (i.e. FEL, design assurance, procurement, RIDIT input).
- Provide MOC Discipline guidance and direction.
- Act as Discipline contact & approver of ‘changes’ being managed through the ‘Live Link MOC System’.
- Ensure alignment with new Discipline legislation, driving company awareness and requirements.
- Communicate & review & implement the discipline standards.
- Attend & proactively input into Discipline Meetings.
- Be aware of up-to-date technologies and assess capabilities & future company use.
- Direct support to the Refinery Civil & Structural Engineer.
- Develop and implement surveys and inspection program, covering, superstructures, stacks, silos, secondary containment structures, drains, sump, pits, road, rail track, fireproofing……
- Liaise with consultants and specialists to develop specific solutions for projects, (small, medium, and large), maintenance and turnaround.
- Liaise with plant owner to gather information for the development of specific solutions.
- Site Surveys
- Be proficient in all, or most, of the aspects of Civil & Structural engineering techniques.
- Design experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Provide Discipline input into RCA’s, as required.
- Act as a Discipline engineer contact for site & maintenance issues.
- Aid in the development of maintenance strategies.
- Aid in definition of discipline ‘risk’ areas & development of strategies
- Demonstrated technical expertise (to recognised professional level or equivalent).
- Excellent communicator and presenter.
- Wide industry / discipline knowledge and contacts.
- Highly customer focussed.
- Understands role and uses expertise to contribute to business improvement
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Decision maker & motivator