We are looking for a Civil Engineer for our client based in Immingham. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months which could be extended depending on the workload. The work is within the Maintenance Department reporting directly to the Civil and Structural Engineer and to support the Project team.
- Responsible for assisting with the refinery activities for Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Contract tendering for maintenance contracts with value circa 0.1M - 4M£
- Management of small to medium CAPEX projects with a values up to circa 2M£
- Refractory technical support and coordinator.
- Manage, multidiscipline internal/external teams within the project and maintenance context.
- Developing and implementing the inspection of surveys in redundant units
- Completing inspections and developing work scopes in line with LOR GM procedures (culverts, structural steelwork, fireproofing, bunds)
- Supporting the Refinery Civil & Structural Engineer in development of procedures.
- Actively promotes safety initiatives by ensuring compliance with Refinery safety requirements and procedures.
- Participates/assists in accident/incident report investigations, conduct workplace safety audits and follow up.
- Provide LOR specialist input for external regulatory audits and interventions.
- Ensures compliance with the management of change principles for safety and health/loss.
- Develops and maintains applicable site standards, specifications and provides civil support to the client and wider group.
- Develop Programmes of Renovation in order to retain and improve the integrity of the Refinery infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain applicable asset inspection & surveying procedures.
- Develop, and maintain civil inspection contracts.
- Develop, tender, evaluate and manage project and applicable maintenance contracts.
- Support the continuous improvement and development of processes and procedures.
- Review project FEED and EPC design packages ensuring technical compliance.
- Management of Capex projects through EPC gate approval to final handover/close out managing internal LOR teams and contracted resources, ensuring execution in line with approved budget, schedule, scope, specification, and quality requirements.
- Management of specific maintenance and project contracts.
- Support major TAR’s with civil, and refractory technical assistance, management and coordination of works.
- Provide direction, motivation, and technical support to subordinates to ensure competency is maintained and developed.
Accountabilities & Purpose
- Ensure safe and efficient execution of the civil works at site, meeting schedule, cost and quality objectives.
- Provides civil, and refractory technical support to the client and wider group
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably degree/HND qualified in relevant engineering discipline.
- Strong background in civil engineering with a minimum of 3 years in a similar position, or 10 years’ experience in the construction industry including time spent in a refining environment.
- Project experience with leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Experience of managing and developing both contract and staff teams.
- Knowledge of refinery and industry procedures and standards.
- Commercial awareness
- Topographical survey proficience