We are looking for a Access Insulation Panting Quality Controller for our client based in Immingham. This is a contract position for at least 1 year with the view of extending. This role is to support the business objectives for safety, quality and effective budget compliance and to ensure that contractors are performing works per standards, specification and procedure.
You will be reporting to the Head of Mechanical Engineering, the position is that of Access, Insulation and Painting Quality Controller which includes responsibility:
- Verifying and validating works for quality and cost compliance
- Asbestos management Lead, control and removal
- Coating program lead
The role can be overseeing the work of up to 100 contractors with a spend of >1.0 M£.
- Conduct safety audits for both term and spot contractors.
- Ensure that effective and qualitative work is completed per company standards, specifications and procedures.
- Lead and complete audits, both site and office based, to ensure work planned and executed is in line with contract rates.
- Ensure contractor planners and others close out work within the required timescales.
- Ensure that handover and close-out of works is completed per company procedures.
- Ensure that both offsite and onsite facilities (painting, laydown areas…) are correctly set-up and maintained.
- Ensure that regular access trackers (hire access..) are factual and ensure that minimum hire charges are applied.
- Ensure that the asbestos register, records and standards are maintained and in compliance with the regulator.
- Lead and prepare estimates for the annual budget process.
- Ensure KPIs (schedule, due date, no defects) are met with the term contractors.
- Work closely with Business Teams including Inspection to ensure all AIP works are coordinated and without re-work.
- Contribute to the annual maintenance and long term plans.
- Organise follow-up on corrective and preventative works.
- Contribute, lead where applicable, innovation ideas to support improved efficiency.
- Ensure all works are performed within the approved budgets and provide periodic forecasts to manage the costs.
- Review, establish and update where necessary maintenance routines for insulation and painting works.
- Provide direction, motivation, training and technical support to staff and contractors.
- Involved in Shutdown and Turnaround works, both to support the planning & execution phases.
- Monitors the timely completion and close out of AIP works.
- Has an understanding of the AIP contract and its application
- ONC in relevant engineering discipline (ideal)
- Minimum of 10 years in a similar position within the petrochemical industry
- Good technical knowledge of refining processes
- Detailed knowledge of access systems, insulation, asbestos and painting UK standards.
- Self motivated and logical thinker with excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Must be computer literate and have experience in CMMS tools.